Face Coverings Compulsory from 15th June for Customers
5 months ago
From 15 June it is mandatory for passengers to wear face coverings while travelling on public transport. These are the guidelines set by the Government (which may still be subject to minor change). Therefore:
- Please remember to bring a face covering for your journey as without one you will be unable to travel.
- A face covering can be very simple, like a scarf or bandana that ties behind the head to give a snug fit. It just needs to cover your mouth and nose. You can find out how to make one here
Some people may be exempt from wearing a face cover. If you are unable to wear a face covering we recommend you get a helping hand journey assistance card that you can download and use on your phone screen, so you can let the driver and other passengers know. From the end of next week these cards will be available from our drivers if you can't use a downloaded version. You can find out more about the helping hand journey assistance cards here
We expect everyone to wear a face covering if they can.
At the bus stop and on the bus
- Please put your face covering on before boarding the bus and wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before putting it on.
- If you are unable to wear a face covering please have your helping hand journey assistance card ready to show the driver.
- Please wear your face covering throughout the duration of your journey, including when leaving the bus.
- If you need a drink while travelling please do so quickly and be mindful of others.
- Please take your face covering with you at the end of your journey and dispose of it safely.
What about bus drivers?
- The regulation will only apply to passengers, it will not apply to bus drivers whilst driving as we have fitted our buses with a protection screen to the cab area.
- Our drivers may wear a face covering if they wish to do so.
- When a driver needs to offer a customer assistance such as assisting with the wheel chair ramp they will wear a face covering.
What about compliance?
- We hope that the customers will be happy to wear face coverings to help protect each other, and therefore we hope that there will be high levels of compliance with this new policy, reducing the need for enforcement.
- A driver or another member of our team have the right to refuse travel to anyone who refuses to wear a face covering.