accessible to all
Salisbury reds is always striving to make the bus journey experience as easy and comfortable as possible for all bus users.
our blind and visually impaired customers
We will provide access to large print information for blind or partially sighted customers on request and within a reasonable time scale. To order call 01722 439 107.
we expect our drivers to:
- advise their service number and destination, and on request, they will call out your destination on arrival
- accept trained 2 assistance dogs without limit
- ensure their bus destination displays are illuminated
when it's dark.
our deaf or hard of hearing customers
and those with speach impediments
our drivers to be prepared to exchange notes with
those who would find it assists communication.
You should be happy and confident in offering written
notes should this make you feel more comfortable.
our mobility impaired customers
80% of our vehicles are easy access buses which are able to accommodate wheelchairs.
These buses have ramps and an on-board wheelchair parking area.
- your bus service is regularly operated by easy access buses
- your wheelchair does not exceed National Reference dimensions, which are 1200mm long and 700mm wide
we expect our staff to:
- offer reasonable assistance when requested and when they judge it is safe to do so
- request other passengers to vacate the wheelchair parking area if this prevents a wheelchair from boarding
Class 2 scooters, with 3 or 4 wheels, will be accepted on the bus provided they are no more than 600mm wide and 1000mm long, with a turning radius not exceeding 1200mm. Class 3 scooters are not designed to go on our buses and will be refused passage.
Once you have boarded one of our buses we guarantee that you will finish your journey - even to the point of providing alternative transport free of charge. This guarantee applies wherever an accessible service is advertised.